As Cyber Monday kicks off the holiday shopping season, the Internal Revenue Service
and its partners urged the public to shop safely by securing their computers and mobile
The IRS, state tax agencies and the tax industry mark the fourth annual National Tax
Security Awareness Week with tips on basic safeguards everyone should take, but
especially for those shopping online via computer or mobile phone during the holiday
These basic protective steps include:
• Shop at sites where the web address begins “https” – the “s” is for secure
• Don’t shop on unsecured public wi-fi, thieves can eavesdrop; secure you home
wi-fi with a password.
• Use security software for computers and mobile phones; keep it updated.
• Protect your personal information; don’t hand it out to just anyone.
• Use strong and unique passwords for your accounts.
• Use two-factor authentication whenever possible.
• Back up your files on computers and mobile phones.
Note the recommendations include security measures for mobile phones. Thieves have
become more adept at compromising mobile phones. You should protect your mobile
phones as you do your computers.
At Abacus CPAs, our focus is you! We believe that our employees and clients deserve to interact in an environment that fosters growth, trust, and confidence. Our team focuses on tax, accounting, audit, and business consulting to partner with you and your business. Abacus professionals provide leadership by relentlessly pursuing the best guidance possible so those we serve can make smarter decisions.
You can learn more about the topic in this blog by contacting us. We are here and happy to help! Call us today at 417-823-7171, find us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, or visit our website www.abacuscpas.com to learn more.